Several themes popped up during the Q&A session.
The comments described these common fears:
- Repeating the past.
- Excluded from love.
- Being too old, too fat, too _____.
What’s positive about all of those negative thoughts?
How do you change a habit? Pro-activity is key.
Increase awareness of what you are doing now.
- A good start is to write down what you believe about love. Or, notice what you tend to say about dating, love, or your prospects. Meditation is extremely helpful in expanding awareness of the thoughts that stream through your mind.
- Stop yourself when you catch yourself saying something negative. That’s it. Just stop it. Or, preface it with up until now ______.
Imagine the Best
- Imagine best-case scenarios. If you’re going to have a fantasy, why not make it one that keeps you hopeful. It’s been proven that the subconscious doesn’t know the difference between fantasy and reality, and it actively seeks whatever has the greatest emotional charge. Make it a joyful feeling.
- Entertain the possibility of what you would like to have happen. Or, at least be willing to allow for the possibility.
What if this time someone starts a conversation with me, or what if I’m introduced to someone who is interesting?What if all of my dating and relationship experiences were opportunities for me to get clear about what I truly deserve and desire?What if my long-term single status saved me from grief and angst and let me get ready for my love without the pain?What if my love is already on their way to me?In other words, how good can it get?
Leave an Opening for Unexpected Good
- It’s important to hold on loosely to the “how” whether it’s how you meet your love or whether you can check off all the boxes on your ideal mate list. If you do not get exactly what you’ve described, it’s because something better is being arranged for you. Letting go allows you to open up to something greater than your best dreams, never less.
Let in Help
- Imagine that you have help, and let in help. Universal support can only come through our experience and that often means people will help you on your way. The way you know that the support is good: it flows and comes easily. It’s entirely possible that that friend you make from your hiking club may introduce you to others, making it easier for you to connect. Maybe your soulmate asks YOU out. Perhaps a stranger comes up to you and reminds you of your preciousness just when you most need the reminder.
Say Yes to Love Club™ – Support for Your Progress
A Coach with an Approach
SYTL Tools Online
Special offers this month
As my birthday gift to you, I’m offering this month’s Say Yes to Love Club which is happening on February 12th in Clinton, NJ for only $27 ($40 value).
Join me on Valentine’s Day, Feb. 14th: I will be chatting on Jennifer Urezzio’s podcast Asked and Answered by Soul. We will be talking about Letting Go Of The Fairy-tale – How To Create Powerful Real Relationships. http://tiny.cc/li1uiy